The Mathew Murray Competition Fender is a stylish, compact, Australian-made saddle with a leather ground-seat and a handhole. Made from 1st Grade Hermann Oak skirting leather and with a sturdy Wattus-Cormick carbon-fibre tree it’s popular for all forms of competition riding and those wanting a hard-wearing saddle.
You can customise your Competition Fender with the following options:
- Colour – Redgum, Chocolate brown, Natural
- Tree spread – Quarter horse, Semi-quarter horse, Stock horse
- Tree size – 11″, 12″, 12 1/2″, 13″, 13 1/2″, 14″, 14 1/2″, 15″, 15 1/2″, 16″, 16 1/2″, 17″
- Rigging – Standard, 3-way
- Girth – Cord, Anti-gall
- Stirrups – Rollertop oxbows, 4-bar, Oxbows with tread, Leather-covered oxbows (+$200),
- Fittings – Brass, Stainless Steel
- Style – Rough-out seat only, Rough-out seat and pads only, All rough-out, All smooth-out
- Lining – Felt, White or Gold sheepskin (+$200)
- Tooling – Basketweave stamping on fenders or rear skirt (+$150), Basketweave stamping on fenders & rear skirt (+$300), Floral carving (+$600)
- Freight – Australia (+$75)
Mat has a wealth of experience in the horse industry and understands what it takes to build a saddle from scratch to suit both you and your horse. Feel free to contact Mat and the team to discuss your options or obtain a quote.