The best close-contact fender available anywhere, the Mathew Murray Elite is built using 1st Grade Hermann Oak skirting leather on a strong Vellacott laminated wood-steel tree with a sheepskin lining. It features a sprung webbing seat with a narrow twist so that you get the stock saddle feel, with close contact and a balanced position for the rider, with all the benefits of a modern swinging fender. The Elite has a narrow, easy grip and is stylish, secure and comfortable. It would suit Camprafting, ASH Showing or Challenge.
You can customise your Elite with the following options:
- Colour – Redgum, Chocolate brown, Natural
- Tree spread – Semi-quarter horse
- Tree size – 11″, 12″, 12 1/2″, 13″, 13 1/2″, 14″, 14 1/2″, 15″, 15 1/2″, 16″, 17″
- Rigging – Standard, 3-way
- Girth – Cord, Anti-gall
- Stirrups – Rollertop oxbows, 4-bar, Oxbows with tread (+$20), Leather-covered oxbows (+$200),
- Fittings – Brass, Stainless Steel
- Style – Rough-out, Smooth-out
- Tooling – Basketweave stamping on fenders or rear skirt (+$150), Basketweave stamping on fenders & rear skirt (+$300)
- Freight – Australia (+$75)
Mat has a wealth of experience in the horse industry and understands what it takes to build a saddle from scratch to suit both you and your horse. Feel free to contact Mat and the team to discuss your options or obtain a quote.